Sunday, May 22, 2011

Husqvarna Viking 1+ and Garden Updates

I just bought a Husqvarna Viking 1+ Sewing Machine on Craigslist.  I couldn't be more happy.  However, it's getting looked over in the shop right now, so I can't play with my new machine.  Bummer.  I'll post photos when I get it back.  It does embroidery, sewing and a lot of other stuff.  I'm really itching to sew with it though.  I have so many things to do and to finish. 

We worked in the garden today, weeding, planting, planning, transplanting.  I noticed my peas weren't growing well along the side of the house where I had them, so I moved them into the main bed.  Also, we have free tomato plants to whoever wants them.  There's hundreds.  Our plants last year seeded out and they're growing like weeds in our garden.  So far, we have:
Sweet Corn
Russian Kale
Swiss Chard
Radishes
Sweet Peas
Tomatoes Galore: Cherry & Beefsteak
Lettuce
Onions
Beets
Horseradish
Cilantro
Cabbage
Alfalfa
Chamomile
Calendula
Mint
Soapwort

And we planted today:
More Sweet Peas
Fisher Beans
PA German Red Kidney Beans
Black Eyed Peas
Basil
Oregano
Thyme
More Beets
Potatoes
Garlic
Watermelon
White Cucumber
Gherkin Cucumber
Strawberries
Lavendar
Hot Peppers


I feel like this is the first year that we have a really good handle on the garden.  It's pretty exciting!  We got a lot the other years, but as far as being in control of what's going on (not that that ever happens), we are more thorough stewards this year.  There are a few things we should've had in a lot earlier, and they either didn't survive our cat, or they didn't get planted because of the rain.

Looking forward to fresh fruits and veggies this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment