Sunday, July 18, 2010

In Celebration of the Life of Janet N. Miller

Thank you everyone for your support and thank you for coming to celebrate the life of my Mom Janet. The amount of people that have offered to help out during the last 2 weeks is staggering. We have been surrounded with love and hope from every direction. Through this trial we have seen the hand of the Almighty working through friends and family, in selfless acts of kindness and words of comfort. We know that we are not alone.
I know that I am speaking for more than just myself when I say that my Mom is a beautiful and loving person. She loves life and she loves her family and friends. She is there for us when we need her. If we would ask something of her she would be there, even if she had other plans for that day. She listens to us, laughs with us, cries with us, and comforts us. I can't tell you how many times people have reminded us of her beautiful smile, that she is so willing to share. I ask that we all continue to share that smile in every possible situation. A smile is a gift that people truly can remember and hold on to.
Mom has taught me so many valuable lessons that have shaped my beliefs, morals, and values. Most importantly, the faith that she instilled in me at a very young age. A faith in a higher power, a creator, a father, a savior. That faith has supported us throughout this whole experience. When things were at there darkest we still had hope. Hope that rests in eternity, in knowing that this is only the beginning. We know that we will see mom again. When we see her, it will be in paradise, surrounded with love. There will be no sorrow, tears, sickness, or loss. We will have everything we need, and desire nothing that we don't.
We don't have to wait very long to see her again. Our lives here on earth are merely a mist in the breeze, a wisp of cloud. In scripture it states that a day in the Kingdom is like a thousand years here on earth. That means that roughly 42 years here is the same as an hour there. If she has to wait for us, most of us will be there with her, within 2 hours of her first day.
The purpose of this life with all it's trials and tribulations is to guide us and strengthen us, to show us what is right and what is good and pull us in that direction. Its design is to prepare us for eternity, teach us the eternal law, the law of love, and show us the spirit of light and life. We are children of the light and that light is what shined so brightly within my mom. It is what was so attractive about her spirit. I pray that we can carry that spirit with us and impart it on others. Through this, the best parts of my Mom will continue to live on in this existence and touch peoples lives. I can say these things about her only because she chose to accept the truth that was in the messiah and she was humble enough to allow his spirit to work within her. I want to make it clear that my Mom was not perfect. She had issues that she had to deal with just like we all do. The important thing is that she made an effort on a daily basis to improve herself and to help others.
In some of the last words that I said in parting with the physical presence of my Mom (her spirit will always be with us in our hearts) I made some promises to her, promises that she made to me through her actions. Before she had the aneurism she said to me with tears in her eyes that being there for her children was the most important thing in her life. To continue this legacy I promised that as long as there is breath in my lungs I will always be there for my Wife and children. I will love and support them. She showed me that the greatest asset that someone can have is family, and that children are a blessing, that we should thank the almighty for every day. I told her that me and my family will be there holding hands with her on the day of judgment giving praise to YHWH almighty. The only thing I can do in an attempt keep that promise is to have faith in Yahshua the the Messiah and follow his example, in his teachings and actions. He is the way, the truth, and the life, the path to the father.
My Mom understood that there was something greater than all of us, that there was a purpose for everything. She understood the importance of faith and preparation for the kingdom if heaven. My mom loves all of us and she knows that there is no greater love then one who will give their life for their friends. If through her passing she was able to influence the life of just one person. Only one, to turn toward the Messiah and eternal life in paradise. She would be honored. I know that more than just one person's faith was strengthened through this experience. Her life is a gift to all of us, and should be kept alive within us through bearing fruits of that beautiful spirit that we love so much. Fruits of Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faith-fullness, Gentleness and Self-control.

I would like to wrap up with a quote that we found on her desk.

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

Author Unknown





Janet Nickel Miller from gyoung88 on Vimeo


No comments:

Post a Comment